FAMOUS as a celebrity doctor, Health Total proprietor Anjali Mukerjee’s degree in alternative medicine has also now been found to be of no value. Earlier, it was proved that she was not a doctor, as claimed by her, but a fake.
Remember, on August 22, 2017, ABI (abinet.org) exposed Anjali Mukerjee by publishing an article under headline “ANJALI MUKERJEE FAKES IT FOR YEARS: Self-styled doctor creates health awareness for Mumbai police, designs food plans for Miss Universe and Miss World”.
During investigations by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officers, Anjali stopped writing ‘Dr’ beside her name and also removed the doctor word from her website. She then claimed she had a degree from the Indian Council of Alternative Medicines, Kolkata, (Doctor of Medicines and Alternative Systems Registration No- 18701 and Alternative Systems of Medicines Registration No- 47073). She even produced the degree certificates.
First of all, her degrees are useless as both of the degrees are not recognized by any medical council in Maharashtra and do not make anybody a registered medical practitioner. Secondly, the medical board in Kolkata from where she obtained the degree has itself been found to be fake. Also University Grants Commission (UGC) have published “Indian Institutes of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata” as a fake university on its website.
On a complaint from the registrar of the West Bengal Medical Council and senior officials of the Swasthya Bhavan in May 2017, local CID officials arrested Ramesh Chandra Baidya (52), the kingpin of fraud medical board. Baidya was secretary at the ‘Alternative Medical Council Kolkata’ in Barasat, which operated under the banner of the ‘Alternative Medical Council Calcutta’, which was providing bogus MBBS (AM), BDS, BHMS, BAMS, GNM, ANM, PhD, DMLT, X-Ray technician and veterinary degrees, even providing affiliations to various “fake” medical colleges under its banner.
Baidya has provided fake degrees not only in India but also to a huge number of foreign students coming in from the USA, Italy, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Russia, Malaysia and Africa in exchange for money. The price of a fake degree would run into lakhs.
Interestingly, Baidya would allegedly charge “an extra Rs 10,000 for a gold medal”. A CID team had raided the premises, seizing around 560 fake marksheets and student records from a hard disc. Dr Ved Tiwari who exposed the Anjali Mukerjee being as fake doctor has also complained to Mumbai police commissioner demanding strict action against her. “I want to see her behind bars,” said Tiwari.
Award Pe Award, My Lords
Anjali Mukerjee – Nutritionist, Researcher, Columnist, Author and Founder-Director of Health Total has been honoured with numerous prestigious awards — on the basis of her fake degree and being a fake doctor. See:
• Anjali Mukerjee Khar Gymkhana ‘Living Legend’ award
• She received the ‘50 Outstanding Women in Healthcare – Global Award’ by World HRD Congress 2017.
• She received the ‘Dr. Ambedkar Ratna Award – 2016’ from the Governor and Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis.
• She received ‘Best Nutritionist Award’ at the ‘Living Foodz Powerlist Awards 2016 Wellness Award’.
• She received “OUTSTANDING WOMEN LEADERSHIP ACHIEVEMENT AWARD” at World Women Leadership Congress & Awards 2016.
• She received ‘Best Women Dietician’ of the year award at ‘6th Annual Women Leaders in India & Awards 2015’.
• “Asia Week”- leading international magazine featured her as one of “Asia’s Leading Campaigners or Health”.
• Anjali Mukerjee has been conferred as “India’s Most Promising and Valuable Diet Expert & Nutritionist 2014” at 7th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Awards 2014.
• Her company has received “India’s Most Promising and Valuable Nutritional Company in Diet and Nutritional Counselling 2014” at 7th Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Summit Awards 2014.
• Health Total by Anjali Mukerjee has been conferred ‘India’s Best Nutrition and Neutraceuticals Company of the Year 2010’ by His Excellency Governor, Maharashtra State, Shri K. Sankaranarayanan and President of FDA, Maharashtra State, Shri Manohar Naik at the 3rd Annual Pharmaceutical Leadership Awards involving Indian and Global Pharma companies.
• She has received numerous awards like ‘Women Achievers’ awards, ‘IJM’ award, ‘Bharat Nirman’ award and ‘Pantene Shine’ award for her outstanding contribution in the field of health and nutrition.
• Official nutritionist to Miss India 1996-2003.